Applicants require a minimum 2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in business and management, marketing or commerce, or a relevant social science, engineering or science degree containing at least 25% coverage of marketing, business strategy and statistical methods. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of entrepreneurship and business development are advised to apply for MSc Management with Enterprise and Business Growth. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This innovative programme provides advanced knowledge and skills in international business, cross-cultural management and international entrepreneurship.
- If you want to operate in multicultural context, work in multinational companies, or develop your own entrepreneurial ventures, this programme has been developed for you.
- The programme is underpinned by research from the University’s Centre for Internationalisation and Enterprise Research, a hub for multidisciplinary study in internationalisation and enterprise.
- The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by producing world-leading business and economics research and enlightened graduates.
- The School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take a mix of both core and optional courses and submit a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation.
You will develop practical, intellectual and transferable skills through a range of group and individual activities and will be involved in active learning in multi-cultural groups with simulations, real life case studies and scenario investigations involving a series of workshops, seminars and presentations.
You will benefit from career development sessions involving essay and exam answering workshops, CV writing sessions, interview simulations, careers advice shops and job marke analysis meetings.
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Global business environment
- International entrepreneurship & innovation
- International management solutions (Team projects undertaken on behalf of Scottish companies)
- International strategic management
- Managing across cultures and comparative management
- Managing the multinational enterprise & subsidiaries
- Market analysis
- Research methods.
2 taken, 1 from each of the lists below
- Digital entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial perspectives on internationalisation
- International business ethics
- Managing innovation and technology transfer.
- American business and management in an international context
- Business environment in China
- European business environment
- Learning and development.
Information for international students
General English language requirements IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6) iBT TOEFL 92 (with no less than 21 in Listening & writing, 22 in reading, 23 in speaking) Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - B minimum or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - C minimum
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Stuart Davis