2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in economics or finance or a related discipline, with at least four courses in economics and/or finance.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme is for those with a special interest in international economics and its two components: international trade, and international finance and money.
- This programme will enable you to design trade and finance related policies as well as provide a solid grounding for PhD research should you wish to carry on your studies.
- At the Adam Smith Business School, the student experience is at the top of our agenda. We host regular workshops, trips, social events and speaker events by business leaders to enhance your learning.
- The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened, enterprising and engaged graduates and internationally-recognised research with real social impact.
You will take five core courses, one optional course and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation.
- Basic econometrics
- International finance and money
- International trade
- Economic fundamentals and financial markets
- Financial institutions and markets in developing countries
- Financial sector stability and growth
- Foreign direct investment and development
- Game theory with applications in economics and finance
- Intermediate econometrics
- Investment, finance and asset prices
- Modelling and forecasting financial markets
- Public finance
- The law and economics of sovereign debt regulation.
As a graduate you will be well prepared for a career in the academic sector and institutions such as banks and government organisations which are involved in transactions and policies in trade and finance at the international level. Graduates from this programme have gone on to careers in academia, finance, management, and commerce.
Our dedicated College of Social Sciences Employability Officer works with students to enhance their employability.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School