Applicants should have at least a 2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in Economics or Finance or a related discipline, with at least 4 credit-bearing modules in Economics and/or Finance. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme is for those with a special interest in international economics and its two components: international trade, and international finance and money.
- This programme will enable you to design trade and finance related policies as well as provide a solid grounding for PhD research should you wish to carry on your studies.
- At the Adam Smith Business School, the student experience is at the top of our agenda. We host regular workshops, trips, social events and speaker events by business leaders to enhance your learning.
- The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened, enterprising and engaged graduates and internationally-recognised research with real social impact.
You will take five core courses, one optional course and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation.
- Basic econometrics
- International finance and money
- International trade
- Economic fundamentals and financial markets
- Financial institutions and markets in developing countries
- Financial sector stability and growth
- Foreign direct investment and development
- Game theory with applications in economics and finance
- Intermediate econometrics
- Investment, finance and asset prices
- Modelling and forecasting financial markets
- Public finance
- The law and economics of sovereign debt regulation.
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. For applicants whose first language is not English, the University normally sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. Visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ for details.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School