2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Investment Fund Management focuses on the key areas of investment fund management with particular emphasis on hedge fund management and applications of financial engineering. It is ideally suited for those who want to pursue a career in investment fund management.
- This Masters provides you with a comprehensive understanding of how an investment fund works, legal aspects of the assets under management and the risk related to different asset classes.
- You will learn to use, evaluate and apply trading strategies for managing risk using portfolios of equity, bond and derivatives of financial products. You will also learn to adopt advanced quantitative techniques for optimising your risk-return investment profile.
- The programme will enhance your critical understanding on issues relevant to the analysis of unregulated investment funds considering many factors such as the risk profile of a fund investment strategy, structure, leverage and liquidity.
- You will have access to Bloomberg data and a dedicated trading floor, providing you with the opportunity to develop your skills regarding investing decisions and prepare you for a career in investment fund management.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School