An Applicant requires a minimum of 2.1 Honours degree of non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject. This is a Generalist degree for students who have no previous studies in the area of Business and Management but are thinking about working in, or starting a business. Those students who do have previous students in a relevant field of study are advised to consider the Specialist degree MSc International Business & Entrepreneurship. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Studies in this area provide you with a detailed understanding of modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions, paying particular attention to business enterprise and growth.
- On the programme you will work with a peer group of like-minded students at a similar stage in their management development, and with complementary interests and ambitions.
- We celebrate the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened and enterprising graduates and internationally recognised research with real socio-economic impact.
- The School is an accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
You will take seven core courses, two optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a project, dealing with a topical management issue. There are also non-assessed, compulsory workshop programmes, involving participation in a series of reflective learning exercises that include induction events, strategic case analysis and debates.
The first part of the programme focuses on the building blocks of management, such as strategic management and marketing, while the second half gives you the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge and skills in business growth, innovation and enterprise.
- Business management and decision making
- Business planning
- Delivering performance
- Financial information management
- Marketing management
- People in organisations
- Strategic management.
- Digital transformation
- Internationalisation of small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Processes of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. IELTS: overall score 6.5; no sub-test less than 6.0. ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School