2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme offers training in the core areas of finance. It draws on recent developments in each of the subject areas with a quantitative approach to understanding the structure of financial markets and forecasting their expected movements.
- This programme will develop both your understanding of theory in lecture-based teaching and its practical application in computer labs, allowing you to develop real-life skills, such as pricing financial derivatives and forecasting exchange rates.
- The Adam Smith Business School has been ranked in the top 10% worldwide for economics and finance (RePEc), with two of our academics rated in the top 1%.
- The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened, enterprising and engaged graduates and internationally-recognised research with real social impact.
You will take four core and two optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation.
- Basic econometrics
- Financial derivatives
- Mathematical finance
- Modelling and forecasting financial markets.
Optional courses may include
- Advanced portfolio analysis
- Applied computational finance
- C++ in finance
- Empirical asset pricing
- Economic fundamentals and financial markets
- Financial market micro structure
- Game theory with applications in economics and finance
- Portfolio analysis and investment (co-requisite for Advanced portfolio analysis).
This programme will prepare you for a career in financial institutions, government organisations and international organisations such as the International Monetary Fund and World Bank. Graduates from this programme have embarked on careers such as consultants, lecturers, senior analysts, and PhD researchers.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers training in the core areas of finance, drawing on recent developments in each of the subject areas with a quantitative approach to understanding the structure of financial markets and forecasting their expected movements.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School