2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme draws on recent developments in finance with a quantitative approach to help you understand the structure of financial markets in order for you to make optimal investment decisions.
- Quantitative Finance will provide you will a detailed understanding of:
- the structure of financial markets and forecasting of financial data
- theoretical models in the core areas of quantitative finance, such as option pricing and hedging
- advanced econometric and calibration methods to construct practical models of asset prices using these theories.
- You will put theory into practice by using software packages such as C++ and Matlab, and will have access to our Bloomberg training room to enhance your employability skills.
- You will develop programming skills to utilise in the workplace. In lectures you will be taught the theory and be provided with a financial problem and you will solve these in labs/tutorials.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers training in the core areas of finance, drawing on recent developments in each of the subject areas with a quantitative approach to understanding the structure of financial markets and forecasting their expected movements.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School