2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject, with at least five courses in accounting or finance.
Only applications that meet or exceed our stated entry requirements will go forward for consideration. Any application that does not will be automatically rejected. Applicants will be made offers based on their relative performance compared to other applicants, taking into account both current GPA, or degree classification, and the relevance of an applicant’s academic background.
Please note, applications that meet our minimum entry requirements may still be rejected, based on its score in comparison to other applications received during the same round. Please review our stated entry requirements to ensure you meet or exceed them before submitting your application.
Months of entry
This programme will provide you with current practical and theoretical knowledge of accounting and financial management. It focuses on internal corporate management, external corporate reporting and financial markets, all of which enables you to think critically about the financial business environment both throughout the degree and in your future career.
- Our teaching across all areas of the curriculum is informed by current research in many disciplines including international financial reporting, management accounting and control, and corporate financial management.
- As part of your studies you will be introduced to current research that will help you build your critical and analytical skills, which are beneficial for senior roles in many accounting, finance and related fields.
- We offer a wide range of optional courses which allows you to gain expert knowledge in current issues affecting accounting and finance and gives you the opportunity to look into the broader social and environmental consequences of accountancy.
- The MAcc in International Accounting & Financial Management has been taught at the Adam Smith Business School for more than 35 years.
- You will have access to prestigious financial databases, such as Datastream, Thomson ONE, FAME and Amadeus, which will help develop your analytical and critical thinking skills and prepare you for your own dissertation research and for City life.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with 2 sub-tests at 6.5 and 2 sub-tests at 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School