2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with at least five courses in accounting or finance.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme will provide you with current practical and theoretical knowledge of international accounting and financial management. By the end you will be able to understand and analyse the financial statements of global businesses.
- You will benefit from the latest teaching methods and most recent research into areas including international financial reporting, management accounting and control, and corporate financial management.
- The programme is part-accredited for the Diploma stage of the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- By the end of the programme you will have developed excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
You will take four core and two optional courses, and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on an accounting related theme. Teaching is through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Foundations of international corporate finance
- International financial accounting for multinational companies
- Issues in accounting research
- Management accounting and control.
Optional courses may include
- Accounting and business ethics
- Advanced international corporate reporting
- Audit, risk and control
- Climate change policies and accountability issues
- Global issues in management accounting
- Governing risk and uncertainty
- Human right & business
- Social and environmental accounting.
The central role of accounting and finance in today’s society makes our postgraduate degrees a sound basis for many stimulating and prestigious career opportunities and our graduates are in demand. The qualification can be a springboard into other areas, such as management consultancy, tax, or general management. In the last few years a growing number of our graduates have chosen to follow other paths into challenging careers in the financial sector. Recent graduates have been employed by companies including KPMG, Deloitte, Bank of Shanghai, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Our dedicated College of Social Sciences Employability Officer works with students to enhance their employability.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School