2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with at least 5 credit-bearing modules in Accounting or Finance, including at least one at post-elementary level. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The programme will give you up-to-date practical and theoretical knowledge of international accounting and financial management. it will help you understand and analyse financial statements of international businesses from around the world.
- The programme is strongly research-led, and you will be expected to evaluate and criticise theories from the latest research in this area.
- The programme is part-accredited for the Diploma stage of the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Our staff have close connections to the accounting and finance profession.
On this programme, students will take four core courses, two optional courses and complete a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on an accounting related theme, which gives you the flexibility to specialise based on your chosen area of interest. Teaching is through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Foundations of international corporate finance
- International corporate finance
- International financial accounting for multinational companies
- Issues in accounting research
- Management accounting and control.
- Advanced international corporate reporting
- Audit, risk and control
- Accounting and business ethics
- Global issues in management accounting
- Governign risk & uncertainty
- Human right & business
- Social and evironmental accounting.
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. For applicants whose first language is not English, the University normally sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. Visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ for details.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School