Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
You are required to submit:
- a personal statement of around 500 words explaining why you want to undertake the MSc Film Curation at Glasgow
- an academic transcript
- a C.V.
- linguistic proficiency documentation
Months of entry
The MSc in Film Curation offers you the opportunity to explore film programming in a variety of theoretical, historical and practical contexts. It investigates the material qualities of audio-visual media and explores the history and contemporary practice of projection and exhibition in cinemas, galleries, festivals and online. Throughout the programme you’ll get to work alongside industry-leading experts in film curation through guest lectures and placements, and you’ll be encouraged to respond creatively in both academic and practical exercises.
- Industry experts offering work placements and seminars represent organisations such as the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive, LUX Scotland, and Gallery of Modern Art, as well as film festivals including Africa in Motion and Glasgow Short Film Festival.
- You will have access to the learning and archive facilities at the newly refurbished Kelvin Hall.
- You will be studying in Glasgow, one of the leading media cities in the UK and home to an extraordinary wealth of film festivals.
- You will be based at our Gilmorehill Centre which has its own cinema as well as extensive collection of video, DVD and digital resources.
- The Gilmorehill Centre is home to the international journal 'Screen' and hosts the annual Screen conference every summer, attracting leading names in film and television studies from across the world.
Find out more about core and optional courses.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions