- A relevant education qualification at Bachelor’s level 2, in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacology, Physiotherapy
- Doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists and allied health professionals with critical care experience welcome to apply
- Relevant clinical experience
Months of entry
This world-first programme is ideal for any Critical Care professional with leadership aspirations who wishes to explore the theories of Leadership and Management and practice them under the guidance of world leaders in the field. With an ageing population, technological innovation and increasing number of manageable co-morbidities, the role of Critical Care is ever expanding worldwide. In order to meet the anticipated burden on Critical Care services, the need for clinical and academic leaders to manage resources and drive innovation has never been greater.
Why this programme?
- The University of Glasgow is ranked 2nd in the UK for Medicine (Sunday Times 2019)
- The University of Glasgow is the only institution in the UK to deliver a unique blend of combined Critical Care and Leadership teaching
- The work and assignments during the course are tailored in order for students to reflect on implementing knowledge and skills in their own unit, region or country
- The University of Glasgow is ranked top amongst UK medical schools in the National Student Survey (2016) with 98% overall student satisfaction
- Teaching will be delivered by experts in the fields of Critical Care and Health Care Leadership via a state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Teaching sessions will include online interactive tutorials, practical demonstrations and peer discussion forums
- The programme reflects the need for professionals in health and social care to develop leadership skills in a dynamic health and social care environment to ensure quality care delivery
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details