You should have at least a second class Honours Degree or equivalent in Biomedical Science or a relevant subject. Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis. You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Months of entry
The contribution of Inflammation and Immune dysfunction to a wide range of diseases, from Arthritis to Cancer to Obesity is becoming increasingly clear. The MSc in Immunology and Inflammatory Disease integrates basic, translational and clinical immunology and inflammation biology with cutting edge molecular and cellular techniques to equip students with both a working knowledge of Inflammatory disease together with state of the art research approaches used to study the area.
- You will receive training in the disciplines of Immunology and Inflammation within an internationally recognized centre of excellence
- New opportunities to work together with scientists, clinicians and pharmaceutical industry scientists to research, drug discovery to drive improvements in patient care in areas of critical international importance
- You will attend UK Congress of Immunology
- The University of Glasgow is home the ‘GLAZgo Discovery Unit’ a unique facility established between the Respiratory, Inflammation, Autoimmunity Medicines Unit at AstraZeneca and the Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation to identify new pathways by which inflammation can promote diseases and ultimately create better medicines for patients, for more information click here.
- The University of Glasgow is home to an Arthritis Research UK (ARUK) Experimental Arthritis Treatment Centre to recruit local patients to test new and existing drugs and to find new approaches that can predict which treatment works best in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- The University of Glasgow is home to The Arthritis Research UK Rheumatoid Arthritis Pathogenesis Centre of Excellence (in collaboration with Birmingham and Newcastle Universities), which aims to find out more about the causes of rheumatoid arthritis.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS IID