You must be a graduate nurse with two years’ experience post-qualification.
You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Months of entry
This Masters in Advanced Nursing Science is designed for the growing number of graduate nurses wishing to work in clinical leadership or extended roles in clinical practice as nurse practitioners or consultant nurses.
Why this programme
- Ranked 1st in UK for Nursing
- Whilst studying Medical Science, the programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, expertise in critical appraisal, develop transferable skills and the ability to lead and innovate in the advanced practice in healthcare sector.
- The Healthcare degree reflects the need for tomorrow’s health care professional to be involved in lifelong learning whilst being adaptive to the dynamic care environment and supporting quality care delivery.
- Close involvement of NHS clinical staff in the planning and delivery of courses ensures that the programme is current and relevant.
- The themes offered link closely with the pre-registration undergraduate programme offered at the University as well as being developed in conjunction with local clinical need.
This programme will be delivered via lectures, workshops and seminars. The virtual learning environment and video/digital education resources will be used.
- Informing Practice through Evidence Base
- Research Approaches in Health Care
- Applying Research Approaches in Health Care
- Education for Professional Practice
- Leadership in Contemporary Health Care
- Clinical Issues in Stroke Care
- Acute & Critical Care
- Global Health Challenges
- Independent Project
Virtually all of our graduates in our parallel multiprofessional programme Advanced Practice in Health Care, within 1 year of completion, have gained promotion within their specialism. Many remain in clinical practice and become specialists and advanced practitioners in their chosen fields.
Increasingly our graduates are returning for PhD study, to further embrace the evidence based approaches to clinical care.
Many decide that education is their career destination and return to the department to gain further expertise in a teaching role, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
This programme help to prepare clinicians in many disciplines eg. Physios, for the dynamic nature of care delivery.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Advanced Nursing