A minimum of a 2.1 Honours degree of equivalent (eg GPA 3.0 or equivalent) in a subject other than computing science.
If you hold a Computing Science degree then please consider the MSc Information Security.
Months of entry
The Masters in IT Cyber Security is an intensive, practically-oriented taught programme which equips you with advanced IT and Cyber Security skills. This is a conversion degree programme intended for students without a computing science background. You will apply your knowledge and skills by conducting a development project.
Why this programme
The School of Computing Science is consistently highly ranked achieving 2nd in Scotland and 10th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2017)
- The School is a member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance: SICSA. This collaboration of Scottish universities aims to develop Scotland's place as a world leader in Informatics and Computer Science research and education.
- You will have opportunities to meet employers who come to make recruitment presentations, and often seek to recruit our graduates during the programme.
- You will benefit from having 24-hour access to a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and software.
Modes of delivery of the MSc in IT Cyber Security include lectures, seminars and tutorials and allow students the opportunity to take part in lab, project and team work.
- Cryptography and secure development
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Cyber security forensics
- Database theory and applications
- Enterprise cyber security
- Human-centred security
- Safety critical systems
- Software project management
- Systems and networks
- Group project
If you wish to engage in part-time study, please be aware that dependent upon your optional taught courses, you may still be expected to be on campus on most week days.
Former students on related programmes are now employed in:
- chemical, electronics, travel, food, and oil industries
- banking and insurance
- software houses
- the health service
- management consultancy
- civil engineering,
- and other sectors
Some graduates apply their newly-acquired IT skills within their existing careers, or move into research or teaching.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PGT Dircetor