Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a Science subject. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses. Further information regarding academic entry requirements: email@example.com
Months of entry
The Masters in Psychological Science (conversion) is designed to provide a broad and critical awareness of psychological theory and practice. We have particular expertise in quantitative methods, and our course would particularly suit those from a Science background. There will be the possibility for students to specialise in Neuroscience in their choice of optional courses. In addition, graduates from the MSc will have a range of generic intellectual and practical skills, including initiative, self-reliance and critical ability, which are easily adaptable to the needs of the labour market. Training in psychological research methods and project work will be included in the programme.
- The school is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 in the UK and top 5 in Scotland, recently achieving 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2015).
- With a 98% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2014, the school continues to meet student expectations combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
Modes of delivery include lectures, seminars, small group teaching and research projects.
- Cognitive psychology
- Conceptual and historical issues in psychology
- Human development
- Individual differences
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods
- Social psychology
- Research project.
Optional courses (three chosen)
- Atypical development
- Cognitive neuroscience: insights into brain plasticity
- Psychology of biology and mental disorders.
* This is a new programme starting in September 2015. An application for accreditation has been submitted to the British Psychological Society. This programme is designed to confer eligibility to meet the professional requirements of this body (through making the individual eligible for chartered membership).
Information for international students
IELTS: overall score 6.5; no sub-test less than 6.0; ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20. CAE: 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169 CPE: 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169. PTE Academic: 60; no sub-test less than 59
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Margaret S Martin