To be accepted for this programme, you must have at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent from a recognised institution.
When submitting your application, please include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A supporting statement
Please note that this degree is not a teaching qualification.
Months of entry
January, April, September
The world faces a growing need for quality teachers and curriculum leaders. This distance learning master’s from the University of Glasgow offers a choice of optional pathways, which are designed to provide the skills needed to support career development in this field.
- Earning your online master’s will help you to further your career in education. Our programme is built to help you expand upon your professional experiences and personal interests while deepening your understanding of education. Within an international online learning community, you'll analyse and discuss leading research, current practices and relevant policies in education.
- This online education master’s programme equips graduates to provide the best opportunities for all students through insights into the learning process and the policies and practices involved in education. Glasgow’s online master’s in Education offers three pathways for specialisation:
- Adult Education: psychological and international perspectives in adult education
- Curriculum, Assessment and Pedagogy
- Inclusive and Special Education
- Choose from our different study routes in order to tailor your studies to match your experiences and your career goals.
- The University of Glasgow’s School of Education has been ranked within the top 50 in the world in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019.
- The University of Glasgow's School of Education ranked 10th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2023).
- You'll learn from lecturers at the forefront of educational research, as 90% of research by our School of Education is assessed as world-leading and internationally excellent – Research Excellence Framework 2021.
- The University of Glasgow ranked 1st in the UK for Education by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
- As well as being able to tailor your learning to fit your lifestyle, studying on this programme also means you don't have to sacrifice your current career to pursue a new one.
- Please note that this degree is not a teaching qualification.
Information for international students
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- 6.5 with no subtests under 6.0.
- Tests must have been taken within 2 years 5 months of start date. Applicants must meet the overall and subtest requirements using a single test.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time30 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Online Postgraduate Admissions