2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in any subject.
Months of entry
This programme will provide you with opportunities to develop a critical awareness of the historical, social, political, ethical and philosophical context of educating in and through the museum. It draws on the vast experience of academic staff, renowned for world class, research-led teaching and will offer a unique link to the world leading collections available within the Hunterian Museum and other world famous Glasgow museums.
- The programme will offer opportunity for a blend of experiential and online learning. A variety of locations, varying from customised tutorial rooms and arts studios to state of the art object rooms and teaching labs, providing world-class infrastructure to support high quality teaching and learning.
- The city of Glasgow has a rich cultural base and you will be encouraged to engage with the rich source of museum learning that world class museums such as the Hunterian, Kelvingrove, Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) The Burrell Collection, People’s Palace, Riverside Museum and St. Mungo Museum of Religious Arts have to offer.
- In Summer 2016, Kelvin Hall will launch as a centre of cultural excellence, having accessible storage to thousands of objects of historical, social and cultural significance from the collections of the Hunterian, Glasgow museums and the National Library of Scotland. You will have access to these objects and will extend your knowledge and understanding of the value and importance of using such objects for educational purposes.
- You will also undertake a placement in a site of your choosing. You will engage with staff in order to learn from their expertise and experience and you will share your own knowledge and skills, so that a synthesis of knowledge and practices are nurtured to the benefit of all.
- You will have the exciting opportunity to take part in various field trips to museums around Scotland.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions