2:1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject. No prior knowledge of tourism is required.
Months of entry
This two-year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) explores contemporary theoretical and practical issues in tourism development, with a cultural focus, providing critical analytical skills. Mobility periods will give you the opportunity to study at the University of Glasgow and its world-class consortium partners
- The EMJMD programme provides an excellent opportunity for those new to tourism to engage and attain a broad grasp of the subject as well as a deep and analytical insight into aspects of tourism development, culture and related industries.
- This is an exciting and innovative new programme offered by the University of Glasgow (Dumfries Campus), the University of Malta, Lund University (Sweden) and the University Institute of Lisbon (Portugal). You will graduate with a joint degree awarded by three of the partners.
- By studying with a combination of three partners, you will be taught by world-class experts in the areas of social science analysis of tourism, heritage, business innovation and sustainability.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend a two week summer school at Wageningen University (Netherlands) with a focus on the environment and tourism.
- Unique in terms of the subject matter covered, the diverse range and complementarity of the five partner universities involved, and the focus on culture in its broadest sense will greatly enhance your student experience.
- Courses are both theoretical and practical. Some involve field trips, along with work placement opportunities. This will equip you for the working world in the tourism, heritage, and wider culture based industries.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions