You should have a universally recognised dental qualification with two years' post-qualifying, relevant experience.
You must supply:
- Referee's report 
- Degree transcripts
- Certificate of Dental Registration
- English Language Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Funding confirmation
- Personal statement.
Please note this course does not lead to MRD.
Months of entry
This Masters programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical skills in endodontics.
Why this programme
- You will gain a qualification which will enable you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills and you will also receive a solid grounding in research methodologies.
- You will have the opportunity to attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes external speakers and speakers from dental companies.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend specialist society conferences such as the British Endodontic Society and the British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
You will attend lectures and seminars and take part in tutorials and Pre-clinical skills sessions, as well as undertaking clinical sessions under direct clinical supervision.
You will take a core course consisting of basic sciences, health sciences and research sciences, and a number of clinical courses dedicated to didactic teaching, reflective learning, clinical procedures and hands-on training in endodontics.
- Course 1. Biology of endodontic diseases
- Course 2. Principles and practice of root canal treatment
- Course 3. Interdisciplinary endodontics
- Course 4. Endodontic management of RCT problems and failure
- Course 5. Endodontics within the population and options for tooth replacement
- Research course. You will be encouraged to carry out a concise research project using existing facilities alongside our research themes.
Please note this course does not lead to MRD
This qualification will prepare you for a clinical academic post or clinical dental practice both in the UK and overseas. You will need to sit the Overseas Registration Examination if you wish to practise dentistry in the UK.
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
- overall score 7.0
- no sub-test less than 7.0
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification:
Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- ibTOEFL: 100; no sub-test less than:
- Reading: 24
- Listening: 24
- Speaking: 23
- Writing: 27
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 185; no sub-test less than 185
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 185; no sub-test less than 185
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English, Academic test): 70; no sub-test less than 70
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEIII at Pass with Pass in all sub-tests
For international students, the Home Office has confirmed that the University can choose to use these tests to make its own assessment of English language ability for visa applications to degree level programmes. The University is also able to accept an IELTS test (Academic module) from any of the 1000 IELTS test centres from around the world and we do not require a specific UKVI IELTS test for degree level programmes. We therefore still accept any of the English tests listed for admission to this programme.
The University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the English for Academic Study Unit Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Endontics
- +44(0)141 330 2000