You should have a universally recognised dental qualification with two years' post-qualifying, relevant experience. You must supply: ■Referee's report  ■Degree transcripts ■Certificate of Dental Registration ■English Language Certificate ■Curriculum Vitae ■Funding confirmation ■Personal statement. Please note this course does not lead to MRD.
Months of entry
This Masters programme is designed for dental graduates who wish to develop clinical skills in endodontics.
- You will gain a qualification which will enable you to extend your clinical diagnostic and treatment skills and you will also receive a solid grounding in research methodologies.
- You will have the opportunity to attend all postgraduate lectures in the Dental School which includes external speakers and speakers from dental companies.
- You will also have the opportunity to attend specialist society conferences such as the British Endodontic Society and the British Society of Restorative Dentistry.
You will attend lectures and seminars and take part in tutorials and Pre-clinical skills sessions, as well as undertaking clinical sessions under direct clinical supervision.
You will take a core course consisting of basic sciences, health sciences and research sciences, and a number of clinical courses dedicated to didactic teaching, reflective learning, clinical procedures and hands-on training in endodontics.
- Course 1. Biology of endodontic diseases
- Course 2. Principles and practice of root canal treatment
- Course 3. Interdisciplinary endodontics
- Course 4. Endodontic management of RCT problems and failure
- Course 5. Endodontics within the population and options for tooth replacement
- Research course. You will be encouraged to carry out a concise research project using existing facilities alongside our research themes.
Please note this course does not lead to MRD
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training): overall score 7.0; no sub-test less than 7.0. IBTOEFL: 100; no sub-test less than 24
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions