A degree in the sport and exercise sciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours Degree or equivalent). Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
An IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (or equivalent qualification) is required for students who do not have English as their first language.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
Online learning at the University of Glasgow allows you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for, without having to relocate to our campus.
This online taught MSc in Sports Science is designed to provide you with an advanced, research-led programme of study in sport and exercise science and medicine. A key strength of this programme is its flexibility, which enables you to specialise in physical activity and health, sports performance, or sports medicine
- The University of Glasgow is ranked 2nd in UK for Sports Science.
- This is the only MSc in Sports Science in Scotland that merges sport and exercise medicine and sport and exercise science within a single degree programme providing a broad range of options across these disciplines.
- You will benefit from access to the expertise of the staff at the National Stadium Sports, Health and Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built, state-of-the-art sports medicine facility.
- You will develop and enhance your skills in literature searching and critically evaluating relevant scientific evidence; application of knowledge to novel concepts and situations; experimental design; research methods and ethics; data handling and statistics; interpretation and evaluation of experimental data; scientific writing; and oral presentations.
- The University has state-of-the-art facilities to study performance and health aspects of sport and exercise science, from the whole body to the molecular level. These include advanced exercise laboratories, metabolic investigation suites and a molecular biochemistry lab. We are the best equipped exercise science group for laboratory facilities in Scotland, making the University of Glasgow the perfect place to study an MSc in Sports Science.
- The University has close links with a number of regional/national sporting bodies and a number of professional sporting clubs. There may be opportunities for internships (in place of a research project) for some students.
- You will have access to a number of guest lecture staff providing interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions