You should have at least a second class Honours Degree or equivalent in Biomedical Science or a relevant subject. Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis. You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Months of entry
The taught Infection Biology MSc will help you to develop your knowledge and understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which bacteria, viruses and parasites cause disease in humans and in domesticated animals, and the immune responses generated by these hosts to such pathogens. You can choose to specialise in virology, microbiology (bacteriology) or parasitology.
- This degree in Infection Biology allows you to study in an Institute housing two UK National centres of excellence, in Virology and Parasitology, and active in the Scottish Infection Research Network (SlRN), a key clinical focus on healthcare-related research.
- You will work in the laboratories of internationally recognized infection biology researchers, conducting high quality basic, translational and clinical science.
- This MSc in Infection Biology provide s access to a combination of highly specialised equipment, unique in Scotland, including cutting edge in vitro and invivo research facilities for biological imaging, high content screening microscopy , and a state of the art polyomic s facility bringing together metabolomics, proteomics, genomics, transcriptomics, and integrations of data sets with bioinformatics.
- You can attend guest lectures and workshops from scientists and clinicians working in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotechnology fields.
- You can carry out a research project in an internationally recognized centre of excellence, working with world -leading researchers in infection biology.
- This Infection Biology degree integrates infection biology with cutting edge molecular and cellular techniques.
- The MSc in Infection Biology offers breadth, covering bacteria, viruses and parasites
- Students can opt to specialise in one of the three areas of infection biology, and will graduate with a named specialism e g MSc Infection Biology (Microbiology).
- We have excellent opportunities to engage with industrial and clinical scientists, with guest lecturers from the pharmaceutical industry, medical diagnostic laboratories and bioscience business.
- Students have the opportunity to carry out a research project in an internationally recognised centre of excellence, working with world-leading researchers in the field of infection biology.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Infection Biology