Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
In this century, food security and the need to develop sustainable agriculture will become dominant issues affecting the whole world. The global population is projected to increase dramatically from 7 to 9 billion in the next 30 years, causing an unprecedented demand for food and increased pressure on land. The aim of this Food Security Degree is to provide you with knowledge and skills relating to the broad topic of food security, incorporating socio-economic, animal and crop aspects.
- This exciting Food Security MSc is taught through collaboration between academics with world class expertise in diverse aspects of food security.
- It discusses the demographic, social and economic issues, the challenges of achieving sustainable agriculture and presents the factors affecting food production from crops and animal sources.
- The programme will include guest lectures on a range of topics and site visits.
- Students will acquire knowledge of technology transfer and commercialisation.
- Students will gain practical laboratory skills in molecular biology and in genetic modification.
- Students will undertake a project that will develop their investigative skills and their ability to critically appraise and integrate information from different sources.
- A key feature of this Food Security Degree is that it provides a very broad perspective on Food Security.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Food Security