You should have at least a second class Honours Degree or equivalent in Neuroscience, Psychology, Physiology or a relevant subject. Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis. You are required to provide two references and a full degree transcript with your application.
Further information regarding academic entry requirements.
Months of entry
Over the last two decades there has been an explosion of interest in brain science across academia, industry and the media. The integration of cognitive brain imaging with neuroscience will play a central part in discovering how the brain functions in health and disease in the 21st century, as illustrated by the Human Brain Project in Europe and The Brain Initiative in the USA. The taught Brain Sciences Degree will help you gain interdisciplinary knowledge “from molecules to mind” and enable you to develop research skills in cognitive brain imaging, fundamental neuroscience and brain disorders.
- You will study the Brain Science Degree in an Institute that strives to understand the brain at multiple levels of function, from cells to cognition using approaches ranging from molecular, cellular and systems level investigations into brain imaging
- Lectures will be given by staff who are international research leaders and who publish cutting edge research at the forefront of brain sciences.
- You will attend seminars on a wide range of topics given by eminent external speakers visiting the Institute from around the world as part of our Current Research Topics course.
- You will receive in depth training in research design and statistical analysis
- The brain science programme allows student choice and flexibility. Through your choice of optional taught courses you can develop in-depth specialist knowledge to enhance further academic research as well as transferable skills for a career outside academia.
- You will join a vibrant community of masters students from other programmes and for your research project you will be based in laboratories alongside PhD students, postdocs and senior researchers.
- Through the range of teaching methods and assessments used you will gain skills in critical appraisal, independent working, presentations, writing scientific documents and time management.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Brain Sciences