A minimum of a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA 3.0/4 or equivalent) with computing science as a major subject.
Months of entry
The Masters in Computing Science provides you with a thorough grounding in advanced computing science, together with experience of conducting a development project, preparing you for responsible positions in the IT industry.
- The School of Computing Science is ranked 2nd in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2019).
- The MSc in Computing Science is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET).
- Our specialist MSc graduates in Computing Science, Software Engineering and Information Security are recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute for IT, for the purposes of fully meeting the further learning academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP Further Learning) and partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Scientist (CSci). These programmes have also been awarded the Euro-Info Master Label.
- The School is a member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance: SICSA. This collaboration of Scottish universities aims to develop Scotland's place as a world leader in Informatics and Computer Science research and education.
- The School of Computing Science has extensive contacts with industrial partners who contribute to several of their taught courses, through active teaching, curriculum development, and panel discussion. Recent contributors include representatives from IBM, J.P. Morgan, Amazon, Adobe and Red Hat.
- You will have opportunities to meet employers who come to make recruitment presentations, and often seek to recruit our graduates during the programme.
- You will benefit from having 24-hour access to a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and software.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions