2.1 Honours degree or the equivalent.
Months of entry
As a professional in the adult education sector, this Masters programme will provide you with a strong theoretical and philosophical underpinning of your practices, as well as excellent research training that you can apply to further study or your own work.
- If you want to gain a research-based qualification in community education, adult education, human resource development or training, this programme is designed for you.
- You will benefit from our close links to local organisations such as the Workers' Educational Association, as well as other community, further education and higher education institutions.
- You will develop practices in critical reflection and judgement that you can apply in relation to your own approaches to adult education.
- There’s a focus on collaborative learning, drawing on your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues.
This long running and successful programme was introduced to provide participants working in the adult education sector with a strong theoretical and philosophical underpinning of their practices, as well as excellent research training that could be applied to further study or within their work contexts.
- Advanced educational research
- Curriculum development
- International issues in adult and continuing education
- Introduction to educational and social research
- Modern educational thought
- The psychology of adult learning.
You will also undertake training in research methods and complete a research project. For the research project you will choose a specific aspect of education for adults and write a dissertation with the support of a supervisor.
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. Please visit: www.gla.ac.uk/international For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6), TOEFL 237 in the computer-based test (577 in the paper-based test).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Bonnie Slade