2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject.
Months of entry
This programme provides you with the opportunity to study established and emerging theoretical dimensions of adult education, community development and youth studies. You will gain in-depth knowledge in a specialism of your choosing, as well as a solid foundation in educational and social research.
- The programme provides you with the key attributes for professions in adult education, community development and youth work, developing both in-depth knowledge and breadth.
- You will develop analytic and research skills, an interdisciplinary knowledge base, and a practical understanding of the settings in which adult education, community development and youth work take place.
- You will be benefit from the combined strengths of staff from the School of Education, who have a breadth of teaching and research experience in a range of areas of study across the three specialist areas.
- You will have the opportunity to link up with a range of community-based organisations in Central Scotland for your dissertation work.
- There will be a number of guest lectures, presentations and seminars, with leading-edge academics and practitioners and speakers from the UK and abroad.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions