A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification in education. You also need to have completed the PgCert Into Headship and be in a head teacher position.
Months of entry
In Headship is a professional programme designed for aspiring school principals and school leaders in Scotland to enable them to attain the Standard for Headship (GTCS, 2012). Through professional pedagogies, it focuses specifically on enabling you to develop a strategic approach to educational change.
- The programme is designed to enable you to develop your personal capacity and capability to lead change for improvement and work with your school and its community to realise its strategic vision.
- You will have opportunities to engage directly with policy makers through guest lectures by expert practitioners and leading researchers.
- There is emphasis on the interrelationship between professional and academic perspectives, practice and theory, and between the different sites of learning/practice, in order that individual professional learning is interconnected with collective school improvement.
- Accredited by the General Teaching Council Scotland, this programme aligns with the Framework for Educational Leadership and is part of the national programme for the specialist qualification for headship in Scotland.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions