You must have recent experience of teaching in higher education in order to undertake the PgDip/MEd programme. This is because the assessed work requires you to make links between research, theory and your own teaching practice. Please note you may be asked to provide evidence of your HE teaching experience.
For entry onto the PgDip you must hold a recent PgCert in Academic Practice or PgCert in Learning and teaching in HE. Alternatively, if you are an experienced HE teacher you may wish to make a claim for Accreditation of Prior Learning. Please contact the programme leader for more information.
You should also include a 250-500 word personal statement which includes an overview of your most recent experience of teaching in higher education. If you are not a University of Glasgow staff member, please indicate the name(s) of the institution(s) at which you teach. As a guide, you might include some or all of the following information:
- whether you teach/have taught undergraduate students, postgraduates or both
- the programme(s) on which you have taught
- the range and kinds of teaching methods you use (eg lectures, tutorials, laboratory classes, online teaching).
- the assessment methods you use (eg examinations, essays, laboratory reports, presentations, dissertations)
- what you hope to achieve in your teaching
- the main challenges you face in your teaching
- how you think your participation on the MEd programme will support your learning and teaching practice.
Months of entry
This programme offers the opportunity to deepen your understanding of academic practice within the university setting.
- This is Scotland’s first distance learning Masters programme in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education.
- The programme is firmly grounded in current relevant research. Participants are supported to make connections between theory, evidence and their own learning and teaching practice.
- There is a focus on collaborative learning online, drawing on your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Learning and Teaching