This is a part-time programme for practising teachers and registration with the General Teaching Council is mandatory.
Months of entry
This programme for practising teachers covers the major elements of teacher leadership and learning in schools and is designed to provide you with a critical understanding of the principles underpinning middle leadership and management. It will create structured and coherent opportunities to apply these principles to your own practice.
- This programme is for teachers looking to develop their understanding of pedagogic leadership and/or progress into the role of Principal Teacher (or Head of Department/Faculty); and to develop skills as a leader of learning in the classroom.
- It uses practice-focused learning to develop your capability to lead teaching and learning within your school (or department/faculty); particularly to achieve the ambitions of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Our academic staff play a leading role in the area of professional and leadership development in Scotland and internationally. They have been involved in a range of research projects on headteacher recruitment, teacher leadership, coaching and leadership development, teachers’ work and collaborative professional enquiries.
- There is a focus on collaborative learning, drawing on your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions