Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses. Further information regarding academic entry requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
This Masters in Computer Systems Engineering exposes students to state-of-the-art miniaturised and mobile computer systems and smart device technology, allowing them to acquire the complementary hardware and software knowledge and skills required for understanding and designing such systems.
· With 95% overall student satisfaction in Electronic & Electrical Engineering and 97% in Computing Science (National Student Survey 2014), both Schools continue to combine both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
· You will be taught jointly by the Schools of Engineering and Computing Science. You will benefit from their combined resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum.
· The University of Glasgow’s discipline of Electronic and Electrical Engineering is ranked 4th in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2015).
· If you are a computer engineering graduate, this programme will enhance your knowledge; if you are an electronic engineering graduate you can focus on developing your software skills; or if you are computer science graduate you can focus on developing your hardware skills.
Modes of delivery of the MSc in Computer Systems Engineering include lectures, seminars and tutorials and allow students the opportunity to take part in lab, project and team work.
· Digital signal processing
· Either networked systems or computer communications
· Human–computer interaction
· Software and requirements engineering
· MSc project.
Optional courses typically include
· Advanced operating systems
· Artificial intelligence
· Computer architecture
· Digital communications 4
· Human centred security
· Information retrieval
· Internet technology
· Microwave and millimetre wave circuit design
· Optical communications
· Real time embedded programming
· Safety critical systems
· In addition to taught work and practical assignments you will also complete a joint research project worth 60 credits in one of the state-of-the-art laboratories in the schools.
· This extended project is an integral part of the MSc programme: many of these are linked to industry while others are related to research in either of the participating Schools.
· The project is an important part of your MSc where you can apply your newly learned skills and show to future employers that you have been working on cutting edge projects relevant to the industry.
· You can choose a topic from a list of MSc projects in Computer Systems Engineering. Alternatively, should you have your own idea for a project, department members are always open to discussion of topics.
Information for international students
General English language requirements IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6) iBT TOEFL 92 (with no less than 21 in Listening & writing, 22 in reading, 23 in speaking) Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - B minimum or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - C minimum
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team