- A 2.1 equivalent degree (GPA 3.0) in a relevant subject.
- Students with a 2.2 equivalent degree (GPA 2.7), but 2.1 equivalent marks in their maths and core theory subjects may be considered for entry.
The GPA listed above is the US System. Find out your country's equivalent GPA .
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This Masters in Computer Systems Engineering provides an extensive introduction to state-of-the-art miniaturised and mobile computer systems and smart device technology. This allows you to acquire the complementary hardware and software knowledge and skills required to design and develop such systems.
- ou will be taught jointly by the Schools of Engineering and Computing Science. You will benefit from their combined resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Glasgow is consistently highly ranked recently achieving 1st in Scotland and 5th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2019).
- If you are a computer engineering graduate, this programme will enhance your knowledge; if you are an electronic engineering graduate you can focus on developing your software skills; or if you are computer science graduate you can focus on developing your hardware skills.
- The School of Computing Science has extensive contacts with industrial partners who contribute to several of their taught courses, through active teaching, curriculum development, and panel discussion. Recent contributions in Computer Systems Engineering include: IBM, J.P. Morgan, Amazon, Adobe and Red Hat
- As computer systems have reduced in size, and are increasingly mobile with more complex functionalities, they are now a fundamental component of smart device technology. This postgraduate programme is particularly suited to acquiring the complementary hardware and software knowledge and skills required for understanding and designing such systems.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions