Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified. Additionally, a sound understanding of programme relevant core engineering principles, such as mathematics, is expected and must be demonstrated in a 2.1 or equivalent in core subject components from your Honours degree .
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This Masters in Electronics & Electrical Engineering is designed for both new graduates and more established engineers. It covers a broad spectrum of specialist topics with immediate application to industrial problems, from electrical supply through systems control to high-speed electronics.
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering at the University of Glasgow is consistently highly ranked recently achieving 1st in Scotland and 4th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2017). It was also ranked 1st in Scotland in the Guardian and Complete University Rankings 2018.
- If you are an electronics and electrical engineering graduate wanting to improve your skills and knowledge; a graduate of another engineering discipline or physical science and you want to change field; looking for a well rounded postgraduate qualification in electronics and electrical engineering to enhance your career prospects, this programme is designed for you.
- The MSc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering includes lectures on "Nanofabrication", "Micro- and Nanotechnology", "Optical Communications" and "Microwave and Millimetre Wave Circuit Design", "Analogue CMOS circuit design", VLSI Design and CAD", all research areas undertaken in the James Watt Nanofabrication Centre.
- This programme has a September and January intake*.
*For suitably qualified candidates.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the list of scholarship opportunities available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team