Honours degree or equivalent in geomatics or similar subject.
Those with lower qualifications having significant experience in industry will be considered on an individual basis.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Masters in Geomatics & Management is aimed at graduates in geomatics (surveying and mapping). It will enhance your career progression in the field of geomatics, and provide you with the necessary skill set to succeed in managerial positions. The combination of geomatics with management offered by this programme has been strongly endorsed by industry.
- The School of Geographical and Earth Sciences is proud to announce that it is ranked 28th in the world (QS World Rankings 2016).
- You will be jointly taught by staff from the School of Geographical and Earth Sciences and the Adam Smith Business School and will benefit from their resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum informed by experts in the field.
- The School is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 in the UK and top 5 in Scotland, recently achieving 2nd in Scotland and 9th in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2017).
- If you have a geomatics background, but with little management experience and you are looking to broaden your knowledge of management while also furthering your knowledge of geomatics, this programme is designed for you.
- The programme is split into two semesters and a summer session. One semester will be based in the Business School and is aimed at developing knowledge and skills of management principles and techniques. An applied approach is adopted, with an emphasis on an informed critical evaluation of information, and the subsequent application of concepts and tools to the core areas of business and management.
- The semester in Geomatics allows you to focus on land and hydrographic surveying, or GIS and cartography. Your programme will be customised depending on your background and interests.
- While taking advanced courses in Geomatics you will have benefit from access to the latest surveying equipment, including GPS and Terrestrial Laser Scanning, and industry standard processing software, GIS and graphic packages as part of this programme.
- You will attend either a week long survey field course or the three-day GIS Research UK conference as part of the programme (included in fees).
- This programme has a September and January intake*.
*For suitably qualified candidates
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the list of scholarship opportunities available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Geographical and Earth Sciences