A 2:1 BSc (Hons) in a relevant degree.
Candidates will be interviewed before a decision is made on an offer.
As part of your application, please supply the following documents (in addition to the documents listed in 'How to apply'):
- A personal statement outlining your motivation to apply for this MRes and your future career plans
- A CV. Please include the contact details of one additional reference. This should be different to the reference that is included as part of your application.
Months of entry
This programme is open for applicants domiciled in Scotland and the European Union.
There is a shortage of academics and those within Industry with in vivo research skills, and so this MRes will provide training that will considerably improve your future career options, particularly within Industry. Glasgow is one of only four centres of excellence in these skills and is the only place you can undertake such an MRes in the UK.
- Ranked amongst the world top 100 for biological sciences.
- The University of Glasgow is the only university you can undertake such an MRes in the UK.
- This MRes Biomedical Science provides training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to pursue a research career.
- You will gain valuable practical research experience by using the skills and techniques acquired during the programme to complete an extended in vivo research project spanning 7 months.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher biomedical science degree, this programme is designed for you.
- If you want to enter the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, this programme provides excellent in vivo training which is a highly sought after skill in this area.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions