Applications for the Postgraduate Certificate in Human Anatomy will be considered on an individual basis, with particular emphasis on a demonstrable interest in human anatomy.
Months of entry
This taught Postgraduate Certificate in Human Anatomy is a new unique programme offering comprehensive training in all human anatomy, including legislation relevant to working in a human anatomy laboratory.
- You will study in one of the busiest human anatomy laboratories in Europe where we admit approximately 100 donors each year. This provides us with a very unique and privileged way to teach and research in the field of human anatomy.
- You will have access to a large number of prosected (professionally dissected) anatomical specimens.
- During your studies you will have access to the recently refurbished teaching and research laboratories within the Thomson Building.
- You will study in facilities which house our Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre (CASC) - a unique partnership between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the University of Glasgow.
- You will also have access to recently modernised and refurbished laboratories including a large dissection room, histology teaching laboratory, histology preparation library as well as the surgical suites of CASC. Our tutorial and lecture facilities have ben updated with modern audio-visual equipment, all with internet access.
- During your studies you will have access to the world-renowned anatomical and pathological collections of William Hunter and John Cleland. These collections are unique to Glasgow and we hold the world’s largest collection of anatomical specimens from these two significant individuals who enhanced anatomical knowledge and understanding.
- Clinical anatomists active in research will teach you, and by those specialising in pedagogical techniques related to anatomy and anatomical education.
- The course also has postgraduate demonstrating staff that have either anatomical or anatomical and medical visualisation training.
- On completion of the programme you will have gained valuable understanding and a range of skills encompassing anatomical legislation, human anatomy, cadaveric dissection techniques and typical laboratory practices within this environment.
- We have excellent links with clinicians, paramedical and allied health professionals, scientists and industry specialists.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MVLS Anatomy