A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree with:
- a substantial Mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow)
- a substantial component of Statistics methodology, including at least Honours-level courses in probability theory, likelihood-based inference and the theory of linear models
Months of entry
This programme qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships. The award covers full tuition fee costs. For further information please see: Data Lab Masters Scholarships. www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/datalabmastersscholarship/
- Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills 2018, Linkedin.
- The Statistics Group at Glasgow is a large group, internationally renowned for its research excellence.
- Our expertise spans topics including: biostatistics and statistical genetics; environmental statistics; statistical methodology; statistical modelling and the scholarship of learning and teaching in statistics.
- Our research groups have strong connections to external organisations such as NHS, SEPA, CEH and others.
- Our Statistics MSc programmes benefit from close links lecturers have with industry and non-governmental organisations such as NHS and SEPA.
- You will be taught by world-leading experts in their fields and will participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme, are taught by internationally renowned lecturers and experience a wide variety of projects.
- You will develop a thorough grasp of statistical methodology, before going on to apply statistical skills to solve real-life problems.
- Our students graduate with a varied skill set, including core professional skills, and a portfolio of substantive applied and practical work.
- You will be equipped with the skills needed to begin a career as a professional statistician; previous study of statistics is not required.
- This programme qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships available for Scottish/EU students.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
This programme qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships. The award covers full tuition fee costs. For further information please see: Data Lab Masters Scholarships.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team