The programme is open to medical, pharmacy and bioscience graduates. You should have an Honours degree or equivalent in your subject. In exceptional circumstances, other science graduates or bioscience graduates with an Ordinary degree may be eligible, on demonstration of appropriate postgraduate professional experience. Whilst not essential, demonstration of appropriate postgraduate experience or relevant employment may enhance your application.
Months of entry
Cardiovascular disease is projected to remain the single leading cause of death over the next two decades, accountable for considerable disability and reduction in quality of life. This Masters in Cardiovascular Sciences will include specialist training in the epidemiological nature of the disease, in combination with analysis of the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie its development.
- This course is provided by world leading experts in the British Heart Foundation (BHF) Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre.
- Research for the MSc in Cardiovascular Sciences is supported by the BHF, MRC, Wellcome Trust, CSO, BBSRC and the European Commission.
- You will undertake a research project with an established cardiovascular researcher.
- The Cardiovascular Science degree has a modular based course containing taught elements, tutorial sessions, critical review sessions and hands-on demonstration of current laboratory techniques.
- Tailored laboratory projects to suit students' expertise and interests.
- If you are a science or medicine graduate looking to gain knowledge and new skills in the field of cardiovascular medicine, this programme is designed for you.
- You will have the opportunity to acquire and integrate a knowledge base in many new techniques for research in clinical cardiovascular medicine, including established risk factor measurements, novel imaging techniques, gene therapy, stem cells and the evolving genomics and proteomics fields.
- Cardiovascular science is a priority area for research funding, in recognition of the fact that new, improved treatments are required and that these can only arise through better understanding of its development. The University of Glasgow has a world-renowned reputation for expertise in cardiovascular research and education.
- Opportunities exist at Glasgow University to continue to PhD studies.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions