You must have a degree in medicine with membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health.
You must provide evidence of MRCPCH, a first medical degree and a CV (resume).
Months of entry
This programme in Child Health reflects the need for the NHS to deliver basic academic training in paediatrics to all trainees in Scotland, and to formally cover the level 2 Framework of Competencies for Training in Paediatrics outlined by the accrediting body, Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (RCPCH).
- The Certificate in Child Health is run jointly by the University of Glasgow and NHS Education for Scotland.
- Scottish Deaneries have offered support to this programme, and will request that all paediatric trainees in their Level 2 Specialist Training complete this programme as part of their professional training.
- If you are a doctor in a training programme for paediatrics currently working as a Specialist Trainee (ST) in the UK, this programme is designed for you: in particular for ST trainees post-MRCPCH who are in ST years 3, 4 or 5. The programme may also be useful for suitably qualified overseas applicants.
- You will gain a qualification which, in conjunction with appropriate clinical training, will satisfy the General Medical Council / RCPCH and allow you to move on to your Level 3 training.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions