You must be a clinical health professional and therefore have a degree in medicine, nursing or pharmacy from an institution recognised by the University Court. If you apply for Clinical Nutrition but are ineligible you will be considered for Human Nutrition with specialisation in Clinical Nutrition (please see our page on Human Nutrition).
You are required to provide two references, a full degree transcript and a personal statement with your application.
Months of entry
This Clinical Nutrition MSc provides health professionals with specialist knowledge and training in clinical nutrition and is designed for doctors, nurses and pharmacists. You will gain an in-depth, evidence-based knowledge of clinical nutrition and have the opportunity to undertake clinical case studies.
- There is a growing need for suitable qualified clinical nutritionists who are already qualified health professionals, this programme provides training in evidence based nutritional practice for health professionals.
- Students have the opportunity to assess nutritional needs of patients and discuss the contribution of nutrition to the cause, progress and treatment of their disease and communicate the nutritional aspects of clinical care to health professionals.
- This Clinical Nutrition degree allows students to reflect on clinical practice and how it can inform local protocols and highlight learning points for their own practice.
- Our staff are highly trained, enthusiastic and experienced when it comes to Clinical Nutrition courses. This programme has a truly international flavour, taught by an international teaching and clinical staff and external experts
- You will learn how to develop a substantial research proposal as a team, gaining valuable skills for future employment. A range of transferable skills eg critical review skills, which are highly sought after within the competitive job market, are integrated and embedded in the programme.
- You will have the opportunity to observe clinical work at Yorkhill and the recently refurbished Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions