Applications are welcome from qualified personnel in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and allied health professionals as well as managers and those working or with an interest in primary care.
You are required to provide two references, a full degree transcript, a CV (resume) and a personal statement stating why you wish to study this programme at the University of Glasgow and how you intend to apply the personal skills developed on the programme in your professional life.
Months of entry
Online learning at the University of Glasgow allows you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for, without having to relocate to our campus.
Healthcare across the world faces major challenges from the increasing demands of ageing populations and the rise in non-communicable diseases. Strong and effective primary care (also known as family medicine or community medicine) is a major part of the solution. This MSc in Primary Care will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to make a difference to primary healthcare in the 21st century.
- A unique programme to enable students to identify and implement strategies to enhance quality in primary care globally.
- Taught by outstanding, high profile primary care researchers and practitioners in the UK, you can follow a flexible curriculum - studying full-time or part-time, and work towards the full MSc degree or a postgraduate diploma or certificate.
- Internationally renowned guest speakers feature alongside University of Glasgow staff.
- A range of assessment methods used that will develop graduate skills in a variety of writing and presentation styles.
- Research interests are focussed on health inequalities, multimorbidity, chronic disease, treatment burden and migrant health, which are reflected in our teaching.
- Research project opportunities in novel and relevant areas of research for primary care, under the supervision of an academic.
- Students come from a wide range of primary care, family, community, and internal medicine disciplines, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, podiatrists, managers and those working in healthcare and health policy.
- It is delivered within the Institute of Health and Wellbeing, one of the foremost research institutes in the UK focused on improving population health and wellbeing and reducing inequalities in health.
- The online programme has the potential to attract students from across the globe. Our on-campus course has attracted successful students from the UK and a wide range of other countries including Indonesia, Belarus, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Japan, Pakistan and Oman.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This Masters in Primary Care will equip you with the intellectual and practical skills to combine population and individual approaches to your work, incorporating evidence, experience and values.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions