Normally a good Honours degree or equivalent (2.1 classification or above). Applicants must have successfully undertaken study in psychology equivalent at least to a minimum of a pass grade at first-year University level).
Months of entry
This British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited conversion programme is designed to provide you with a broad and critical awareness of psychological theory and practice. You will be provided with opportunities which allow you to focus on aspects of psychology with particular relevance to your own experience and interests.
- If you are considering a change in direction, to pursue a career, either academic or professional, in psychology, successful completion of this programme will confer eligibility for BPS Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- You will develop a range of transferable intellectual and practical skills which are easily adaptable to the labour market and attractive to employers.
- Through engaging in a wide range of stimulating learning activities, you will develop an enquiring and analytical approach to research literature and the practical applications of psychology.
- The programme is designed to support your subsequent successful pursuit of a career in psychology and related disciplines.
You will take eight core and two optional courses, followed by a research project/dissertation. Additional programme elements include attendance research project sessions designed to support you in your dissertation throughout. You will also be allocated an academic supervisor to advise you on your individual research project.
- Cognitive psychology
- Conceptual and historical issues in psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Individual differences
- Physiological psychology
- Research methods 1
- Research methods 2
- Social psychology.
- Advanced qualitative methods
- Atypical development
- Clinical health psychology
- Current issues in psychology
- Educational psychology
- Perception and visual cognition
- Professional skills.
Information for international students
IELTS: overall score 6.5; no sub-test less than 6.0; ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20. CAE: 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169 CPE: 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169. PTE Academic: 60; no sub-test less than 59
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Georgina Wardle