2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant social science or humanities subject.
Months of entry
This programme offers students the opportunity to explore international property markets whilst also learning from the real estate market and practice here in the UK. Interdisciplinary and holistic in nature, this programme examines the factors that influence the pricing of real estate.
- If you are interested in helping to shape the future of towns, cities and regions, this this programme will provide you with an excellent base on which to build a fascinating and rewarding career.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars.
- If you want to establish a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property Practice or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is designed for you.
- This programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
You will take a series of core courses, choose optional courses and undertake a dissertation or a major project in international real estate. There is also an opportunity to take part in an international study trip. The real estate profession is multi-disciplinary in nature so you will begin with lectures, seminars, tutorials and case studies in courses that provide you with an understanding of how urban economies and markets function, and the processes involved in urban development.
Towards the end of semester 1 you will start to develop core real estate skills and continue to build on this knowledge base in semester 2 by developing and applying core real estate skills in project, lab, field and team practice-based activities.
- Global cities
- Governance and markets
- Development process
- Development economics
- Professional practice, ethics and management
- Real estate valuation and appraisal
- Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
- Real estate finance and investment
- Real estate markets
- Asian cities
- International real estate analysis.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Allison Orr