2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in in politics, law or related social science subject. We will consider applications from graduates from other fields, but you should submit a statement indicating why you are interested in changing fields or the connection to your previous study. We will also take relevant work experience into account.
Months of entry
This ESRC-recognised research-training programme gives you a broad and rigorous grounding in the study and methodologies of political communication.
- If you want to work as a researcher, develop academic research skills or embark on a PhD in political communication and related subjects, this programme is designed for you.
- The programme draws on very strong staff expertise in political communication, as well as recognised strength on comparative politics and international relations.
- Through the Political Communication seminars you can benefit from a truly unique opportunity to meet with top practitioners in the profession to informally discuss the practical aspects of political communication as well as career options.
- The programme is an excellent preparation for doctoral work, and is eligible for the ESRC 1+3 scheme.
- Research methods courses are are taught by staff with specialist expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- The programme covers the same topics as the MSc in Political Communication but has been tailored to provide appropriate training for those who are intending to pursue doctoral studies or research-intensive careers.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This ESRC-recognised research-training programme in Political Communication gives you a broad and rigorous grounding in the study and methodologies of political communication.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions