2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant social science or humanities subject.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
- If you want to establish a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Planning and Development Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, this programme is designed for you.
- The programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
You will take a series of core courses and undertake a dissertation or a major project in real estate and regeneration.
The real estate profession is multi-disciplinary in nature so you will begin with a grounding in a broad base of theories and principles that will provide you with an understanding of how cities, markets, institutions and development processes function. In semester 2 you will build on this knowledge base by developing core real estate competencies and a solid grounding in regeneration processes. Courses will involve you attending lectures, seminars and tutorials and taking part in project, IT lab, field and team work.
- Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
- Development economics
- Development process
- Global cities
- Governance and markets
- Professional practice, ethics and management
- Real estate markets
- Real estate finance & investment
- Real estate valuation and appraisal
- Regenerating cities.
As a graduate you will be in possession of an MSc degree recognised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and can develop your career as a chartered surveyor. Opportunities exist in property developers, house builders, local authorities, real estate agencies and consultancies, regeneration and development agencies and the civil service.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Allison Orr