2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or quantitative subject (e.g. urban studies, law, management, economics, accounting and finance). If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme will deliver a highly regarded professional education in real estate. It has been developed in close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to a professional career. You will have the opportunity to study real estate with a specialism in either housing, international real estate, finance and investment, or regeneration to enable you to tailor your degree to a specific area of real estate surveying.
- If you plan a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment or Housing Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is made for you.
- The programme is professionally accredited by the RICS.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- Specialist pathways will allow you to explore a particular area of real estate in more detail. Choose from housing, international real estate, finance and investment, and regeneration.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions