2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject. An interest in politics, international affairs, geography, history, classics, law, languages, economics, sociology, anthropology, psychology, cultural and media studies would be beneficial
Months of entry
Southern Europe is a region that finds itself at the cutting edge of key global challenges. South European Studies offers the stimulating experience of studying and training in three different European countries in the region and the opportunity to acquire advanced language, research and professional skills.
- This Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) programme is unique in examining Southern Europe as a distinct region with its own identity and global role. Themes include democracy and protest, migration, social and economic change, nationalism, European integration and the new trade and security challenges that are reshaping the region.
- Multiple mobility periods allow for a truly international learning experience. Immersion into South European society and culture, experience of diverse educational systems, and needs-based language training in all major South European languages offer in depth knowledge of the region.
- Research and professional tracks are available for maximum choice in curriculum building. The research track leads to a dissertation while the professional track leads to a substantial work placement and a professional project.
- EMJMD consortium partners include University of Glasgow, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, LUISS Guido Carli Rome and Instituto de Ciências Sociais da Universidade de Lisboa.
- An innovative summer school offering dissertation training will be held annually over 10 days in July in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Guest lectures and seminars are offered by scholars and policy practitioners who are leading experts in their field.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions