- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Successful completion of the literacy and numeracy professional skills tests
- Employment in the early years sector
- At least grade 4 (C) GCSE in maths, English and science, or equivalent
Months of entry
With endorsement from the government, this course recognises practitioners who have the skills needed to lead high-quality early years practice. The course takes a strong practical focus and is designed to be studied alongside working in an early years setting, enabling you to continue with your current employment while you study. If you do not currently have a role in an early years setting, we will support you to find suitable employment.
Concepts of leadership and management will be explored, including managing and measuring the impact of change. Contemporary and controversial issues will also be examined, to strengthen your ability to engage critically with information sources.
The course is completely funded, including £7,000 for your employer, enabling them to release you for 10% of the time and to fund supply cover. Experience of varied placements and a range of age groups provide different routes into becoming a teacher.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team