Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- At least a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.We will consider a comparable professional or postgraduate qualification.
- We will consider a comparable professional or postgraduate qualification.
- Applicants without a bachelor’s degree but with significant industry experience in areas including, but not limited to, music performance, composition, music and sound production, business and teaching are encouraged to apply.
- EU and international students need a minimum IELTS 6.0 overall.
- Applicants for this course will be invited to attend an interview.
- All applications must be accompanied by a short project proposal of up to 1,000 words, that details your aims and objectives for the MA, with an indication of potential outcomes. This will be discussed during the interview.
- All applications must be accompanied by a portfolio - which could include examples of original musical and/or audiovisual work, evidence of music-related business, education and community projects, academic writing about music and related subjects.
Months of entry
This hybrid degree enables both recent graduates and established creatives and professionals to advance their skills, knowledge and understanding of a rapidly evolving global music ecosystem
Building on the strength and diversity of the university’s undergraduate portfolio in music,this course enables students with a range of musical disciplines (including business, production, sound, events, education, community practice and social enterprise) to develop and launch ambitious and sustainable projects.
Structured around your ambitions, the degree allows practitioners with diverse musical backgrounds and experience to work and develop alongside each other. Practical modules will help you progress a core set of production skills, while modules will allow project work tobe embedded within commercial and critical frameworks.
This developmental and explorative work then feeds into the Creative Music Project, where you’ll negotiate and construct a significant creative and commercially viable music-related business project that’s both market-ready and underpinned by critical analysis.
We have a wide range of creative partnerships. Our music team works closely with festivals and organisations, including Cheltenham Festivals, BBC Introducing and 2000Trees, as well as a diverse range of composers, producers, songwriters, technologists, and leading start-ups: resulting in an extensive network of contacts and high-profile guest speakers.
Fees and funding
Learn more at out postgraduate fees, loans and finance page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 03330 141414