Applicants must have: A good quality relevant undergraduate degree from a recognised university or higher education institute. • Applications are also welcome from candidates without a first degree but with a minimum of three years' relevant marketing experience and professional qualifications (CIM Diploma or equivalent). • Students who were educated in a language other than English should normally demonstrate an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a secure English language test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
Months of entry
This programme provides you with the opportunity to study for two Master's awards within one year and gives you the experience of undertaking a work placement. It is designed to provide graduates and professionally qualified managers with an understanding of key aspects of marketing communications and give them the necessary skills to research, assess and evaluate aspects of the communications mix thereby enabling them to develop coherent and integrated communications strategies.
On completion of the requirements of both institutions, students will be awarded two degrees: MA Strategic Marketing Communications from University of Greenwich and MSc International Marketing Communications from ESCEM School of Business and Management in Poitiers, France.
The entire programme is delivered in English and no knowledge of French is required.
Erasmus Grant funding is available for scholarship schemes on this programme, for a limited number of students. Further details will be provided upon successful receipt of unconditional or conditional offer on the programme.
The aims of this programme are:
- To foster a creative yet systematic approach to problem solving in the area of Strategic Marketing Communications via both academic and practical activities in UK and France
- To develop, improve and extend analytical, conceptual, research and consultancy skills in strategic marketing via industrial links in UK and France
- To provide students with a set of tools and a range of skills to become more effective communicators, negotiators and coaches via both national and international work placement programme.
Content Term 1 (Greenwich, London)
- Foundations of Scholarship
- Inside the Customer’s Mind
- Developing Advertising and Promotional Strategy
- Research Methods
Term 2 (Poitiers, France)
- Communications Media Metrics
- Communications and Employability
- International Brand Management
- Business Strategy Simulation
- Measuring Advertising Effectiveness
- Negotiations in Communications
- New Media Marketing
- Public relations and Sponsorship
- The future of Marketing and Agencies
Term 3 (Usually UK or chosen country, by negotiation)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000