Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should have a BSc honours degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry or other relevant field, normally at 2.1 or above (or equivalent).
Months of entry
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology is the science that covers all technologies required for the production, manufacturing and registration of biological drugs. Advances in recombinant genetics facilitate the routine cloning of genes and the creation of genetically modified organisms that can be used in industrial production. Pharmaceutical biotechnology is a rapidly evolving and multidisciplinary field and our programme will focus on the new developments in the production of proteins, organisms, DNA-based vaccines, therapeutic proteins, downstream processing and characterisation, bioinformatics, advanced molecular principles, and research methods.
Our programme produces graduates with a critical and analytical capability and a flexible approach to problem solving. These skills will enhance your laboratory and professional competence at a supervisory level and you will be able to work independently and use your initiative to solve the diverse problems you may encounter. You will also be able to bring a creative approach to the development and promotion of new biotechnology products.
Biotechnology is developing rapidly; there is a major emphasis on product- and process-oriented biotechnological research and development for applications in agriculture, industry and the health sector. These applications will bring benefits for society and are increasingly recognised by governments, industry and financial institutions. Our programme helps to address the expanding demand from international markets for graduates with an excellent knowledge of biotechnology.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide students with an understanding of the subject specific knowledge, as well as a critical, analytical and flexible approach to problem-solving in the field of pharmaceutical biotechnology
- Provide students with enhanced practical and professional skills and thus prepare students effectively for professional employment or doctoral studies in the field of biotechnology
- Enable students to work independently and use initiative in solving the diverse problems that may be encountered
- Instil a critical awareness of advances at the forefront of biotechnology.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000