Applicants should have:
- A good honours degree or have completed the university's Award in Learning and Teaching in HE; and
- Qualifications and experience appropriate to specialist area sufficient to make you a credible contender for appointment to the higher education sector; and
- Aguaranteed minimum of 60 hours teaching in HE (Level 4-7) during the period of registration, at least 10 hours of this in the first term. This may include a range of teaching activity, including tutorials and supervision.
- Applicants who wish to have their teaching qualification recorded by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) will need a current entry on an appropriate part of the NMC register as well as three years full-time experience (or equivalent part-time experience) in relevant professional practice and professional knowledge at least to first degree level before commencing the programme
- Participants will need a mentor from their own department or institution who will conduct some of their teaching observations. This may not apply to all NMC applicants.
Months of entry
Our PGCert in Higher Education (HE) is an interactive online blended programme which offers the opportunity to reflect on and develop your teaching.
Our programme is suitable for people already employed in higher education who need to gain a teaching qualification and also wish to gain Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. For those of you registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), we also offer NMC Teacher status.
Our programme models a range of pedagogies and innovations in HE teaching. We promote engagement with various approaches to teaching, learning and assessment and use a variety of models and tools. You will learn how to design and implement effective courses, as well as individual teaching and learning episodes.
Our PGCert may be appropriate for suitably qualified people who are not yet employed in the sector, dependent on a suitable placement.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000